Digital Content Coordinator - Job Posting
Company: RUX is an innovative startup gear brand based in Squamish, BC. Our mission is to create more time and space for people to enjoy life outside, by creating the most agile and sustainable systems to pack, move and use their gear.
Program: We are hoping to participate in the Innovator Skills Initiative program through the BC government. It has yielded a unique opportunity for a young aspiring digital marketer to join our company in a part time position this summer.
Role: Digital Content Coordinator
Hours: 20 hrs / week
Fixed Term: 4 months
● Start Date: June 30, 2023 or sooner
● End Date: ~October 31, 2023
● After the fixed term of the program we can re-evaluate opportunities
This diverse tech/creative role will contribute to a broad variety of digital marketing initiatives that help our high-growth e-commerce business thrive. The Digital Content Coordinator will be exposed to our full-stack of marketing channels and projects, with lots of opportunity to learn and refine your skills in a fast-paced, dynamic and fun work environment.
Augment RUX’s current SEO and content creation program to increase and engage organic visitors. Tasks may include:
- Organic social media coordination - strategy, scheduling, content creation or content capture from partners.
- Blog content creation - with focus on SEO improvement for the site overall.
- Community Engagement - outreach, Facebook VIP group, forums, chats, you name it.
- Email marketing - support marketing team on email marketing campaigns
- Trends and metrics - finding and testing emerging digital marketing / content trends, reporting on website performance and customer insights
Skills & Experience:
- Strong creative writing skills for engaging blogs and social content.
- Experience and appetite for social media content creation, be it photo, video or written.
- Proven experience as a social media coordinator. Experience with multiple platforms and automation tools.
- Knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics
- Familiarity with online marketing strategies and marketing channels
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Experience in developing and executing digital marketing campaigns across multiple channels, including social media, email marketing, and website management.
- Knowledge of digital marketing best practices, including SEO, SEM, and content marketing.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent time management skills and attention to detail.
To qualify for the grant, candidate must:
- Self-identifies as under-represented, as provided in the list of groups below:
- Black and people of colour
- Persons living with a visible or invisible disability
- Youth from care
- Must be living in B.C. and be eligible to work in B.C., including:
- A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
- 16-years of age or older as per B.C.’s Employment Standards Act.
- Must have completed their training or education, whether at a post-secondary institution or through other recognized pathways on or after December 1, 2019 and before the placement start date.
- Other recognized pathways, such as micro-credentials, are eligible if the content is meaningful (minimum 15 hours to complete) and, in the opinion of the employer, has prepared the candidate for effective employment.
- Can be a student, including co-op students and international students, enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution in B.C.
- Agrees to complete a brief survey during the placement.
Apply: Apply online here