Packing for a day on the mountain bike trails is no easy task. Between your bike gear and the post-ride beers, it’s easy for your gear to turn into a junk show. With a lifetime of biking (and packing) under our belts, here’s what to pack ensure an epic day on the trails:
1. RUX 70L: Think of this as your gear base-camp. The RUX 70L features proprietary inner and outer Utility Rails that allow RUX Components to be easily attached via our RUX buckles, creating a super convenient way to separate and organize your bike gear.
2. Protective Gear: Mountain biking can be a dangerous sport, so make sure you have the appropriate protective gear. A helmet is a must, and you may also want to consider knee pads, elbow pads, and gloves for added protection. Use a RUX Bag to organize your gear!
3. Hydration: Staying hydrated is essential to keep your day rolling smoothly (pun intended). Bring a hydration pack or water bottle with you and make sure to drink plenty of fluids throughout the day.
4. Snacks: Energy bars, nuts, and fruits are great snacks to keep you fueled and energized during your ride. Pack enough snacks to keep you going for the duration of your ride. The RUX Pocket makes the perfect easy-access snack storage. The RUX Pocket is our go-to for grab-n-go snack storage
5. Repair Kit: Bring a small tool kit with you that includes a tire pump, spare tubes, and a multi-tool. This will allow you to make any trail-side repairs.
6. First Aid Kit: Accidents can happen, so it's always a good idea to have a first aid kit on hand. Include items such as bandages, antiseptic wipes, and pain relievers.
7. Clothing: Make sure you dress appropriately for the weather and the terrain. Wear comfortable, breathable clothing that allows for a full range of motion, and consider packing a rain jacket in case of inclement weather. We like to separate our clothes using a RUX Bag!
8. Post Ride Beers: Do we even need to explain this one?