App Developer - Youth Hire
Posted April 6, 2022
Company: RUX is an innovative startup gear brand based in Squamish, BC. Our mission is to create more time and space for people to enjoy life outside, by creating the most agile and sustainable systems to pack, move and use their gear.
Program: We are hoping to participate in the Digital Skills For Youth employment program through the Canadian government. It has yielded a unique opportunity for a young web developer to join our dynamic startup business and develop a variety of skills while contributing to our e-commerce site and app. *This is NOT a requirement for you to apply though. If you do not meet the DS4Y eligibility below, you can still apply for this position.
Role: Web App Developer
Hours: 40 hrs / week
Fixed Term: 3 months
● Start Date: May 1, 2022 (or sooner)
● End Date: July 31, 2022
● After the fixed term of the program we can re-evaluate opportunities
Help us build an app so no one ever forgets anything every again...ever!
Every RUX we ship has a unique QR (and NFC) code on it that lets a user scan, register and track their RUX and it's contents. We're looking for a full stack developer with mobile experience help us build out on this vision and roadmap. Think IoT for moving your gear around. You'll be responsible for all aspects of planning, development, testing and deployment. It's a small but growing team. You'll be working with the senior developer who was responsible for the original app development. There's already thousands of RUX out in the world and users are registering for the app every day.
Check out https://rux.life/pages/app for more info.
Further enhance our RUX app that customers access via NFC or QR on the RUX 70L product itself. Tasks include:
- Visual / layout improvements
- Changing default views, menus
- Bug Fixes
- Additional checklist and sharing functionalities
- App instrumentation
- Convert to iOS app (to improve scanning and offline)
Skills & Experience:
- Have knowledge of working with Shopify platform APIs
- Experience building full-stack web apps
- Experience with Amazon AWS Amplify or other serverless technologies
- Native iOS app development
- Keen interested in user experience
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive, at the start of the internship
- Be a post-secondary graduate (i.e. has completed a diploma or degree following secondary education),
- Not be in receipt of EI during the course of the work placement,
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada as a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status,
- Reside, physically work in BC or have plans to return to BC,
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employment, or are unemployed,
- Not have completed a DS4Y work placement in their lifetime, and
- Not be a co-op student.
Apply: Apply online here