Assistant Operations Manager @ RUX
Company: RUX is an innovative startup gear brand based in Squamish, BC. Our mission is to create more time and space for people to enjoy life outside, by creating the most agile and sustainable systems to pack, move and use their gear.
Program: We aim to renew our participation in a youth employment program through the Canadian government. It has yielded a unique opportunity for a young business admin graduate to join our dynamic startup business and develop a variety of skills while contributing to our growing business.
Candidate must be:
- between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive);
- a post-secondary graduate
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada (work permits or students visas are not permitted);
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations;
- a first-time participant in a YESS work experience program targeted
- Start Date: ~June 6 2022 (or when available)
- End Date: ~Dec 31, 2022
- After the fixed term of the program we can re-evaluate opportunities
Hours: 40 hrs / week.
Skill Development & Responsibilities
- B2B client servicing - Support sales manager by capturing B2B sales into invoices, adjusting inventory, order fulfillment, and customer retention
- Analytics - Reporting on monthly B2B & D2C sales targets and results
- Office Administration - General
- Financial - Support COO with general office admin; invoicing, AP, bookkeeper support
- Grants & fundraising - Grant applications, sourcing opportunities
- Logistics - Work with Customer Engagement Coordinator on periodic order fulfillment, shipping & receiving coordination to customers/media/R&D
- Customer service - Work with Customer Engagement Coordinator to support higher volume customer service needs
- Optimization - Identify opportunities & initiate operational/system improvements to increase productivity and profitability
Candidate Should Be:
- Self motivated to initiate and see-through new ideas and opportunities
- Well-organized to stay prioritized in a very dynamic work environment
- Fast learner, open to new tasks, ideas and change of plans
- Confident customer-first communicator
- Systems thinker. Ability to quickly understand new platforms and adapt business processes accordingly
- Proficient with data (metrics, finances), proficient with excel, Quickbooks, Adobe Acrobat, and quick to learn Hubspot, Shopify and the many other programs and platforms we use
Project Summary For Youth Employment Program
To provide employment for an Digital Media graduate youth in the retail/e-commerce industry and provide high quality training in a range of business administration needs to gain a diverse skill sets at a dynamic and rapidly growing Squamish, BC based startup equipment brand. There is really no limit to the diversity of projects and skill sets to pursue at RUX during this early stage of our business.
Apply: Contact [email protected]