Shopify Web Developer - Part Time Hire
Posted Aug 2, 2022
RUX is an innovative startup gear brand based in Squamish, BC. Our mission is to create more time and space for people to enjoy life outside, by creating the most agile and sustainable systems to pack, move and use their gear.
We are seeking a highly skilled Shopify web design/developer to assist with ongoing speed performance, conversion optimization, and site maintenance, .
- Position: Part Time Hire
- Start Date: ASAP
- Deadline: Aug 8
Ongoing Engagement After Webstore Refresh:
- Site maintenance - version control, security, performance review
- Optimizing for scalable sales growth, CRO, SEO
- App development - possible overlap with this app project.
- Optimize our site for speed performance and conversion
- Facilitate landing page creation and A/B testing
- Refine current site UX
- Development of the Shopify platform, themes, liquid programming language and corresponding apps
- Develop testing plans and troubleshooting issues related to eCommerce issues
- 3+ years of experience in e-commerce web development
- Shopify specific theme customization experience and Liquid templating
- Web design an asset but not required
- General experience building, launching and maintaining e-stores,
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions if necessary
- Experience with Shopify's object/properties, AJAX API, and Meta fields
- Testing, versioning and debugging skills
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for a desktop, tablet, and mobile-first
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs such as Shopify Apps
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Initiative to explore & suggest best options and alternatives
We have an opportunity to put our hiring grant to work if the employee:
- Self-identifies as under-represented, as provided in this list: Indigenous, Black and people of colour, 2SLGBTQQIA+, Neuro-diverse, Non-binary, Persons living with a visible or invisible disability, Women, Youth from care
Must be eligible to work in B.C., including: A Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or authorized in writing to work in Canada under the federal Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A 16-years of age or older as per B.C.’s Employment Standards Act.
Has completed training or education, whether at a post-secondary institute or through other recognized pathways.
Must have completed the training program on or after December 1, 2019
Can be a student, including co-op students and international students